While being a part of QuickBooks technical support, you will find many users, getting an encounter with errors while working on QuickBooks. One such error is 6150. The error message indicates “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again.” Certainly, in such types of error, you end up in a circumstance where you are unable to start your company file and desktop pop-ups error 6150. In such a case, the very first step is to know the cause of the reason. You can even reach our QuickBooks Tech Help Phone Number 1-800-311-5657.
Why QuickBooks Error 6150 Occurs?
- The QBW file is damaged. You must create a portable backup file.
- Installation of QuickBooks on your system is not complete or is damaged due to some reason.
- Virus on the QB Company Data file.
- You are trying to open a portable file (.qbm) without opening your QB software.
- You’ve changed or typed incorrect extension for the QuickBooks file.
- Trying to save a QuickBooks Mac file by utilizing QuickBooks for Windows.
Ways to solve Error 6150:
- When the error message is connected to file-extension of company file then consider altering the File.
- Save company file with appropriate extension.
- Confirm that the company file is launching on a different computer.
- Choose to re-install your QuickBooks software if the file is not updated.
- Make sure that you choose “QuickBooks for Macintosh” when you are installing the software on Mac-based system.
- Install “QuickBooks for Windows” on the Window Operating system.
- Install a reliable anti-virus on your computer
- Run a scan before opening the company file.
- The topmost steps are common that is used by the maximum of users. In case, you fail to resolve such error try another step or call QuickBooks Tech Help Phone Number 1-800-311-5657.
Below-mentioned is other steps that help you in fixing issues:
Step 1: Develop a New QuickBooks Desktop Document from Scratch
- Foremost, open your QuickBooks account
- Move to the NO Company Open Window and select to create a new company file.
- Click on QuickBooks Setup Window and fill-in the mandatory data in the respective fields
- Create the company
- Start working by generating customer, charts of account and services.
Drawbacks of building a new QuickBooks Desktop Document from Scratch:
- Cannot recover previous data
- Most data will be incorrect because of the lack of information
- Unable to share a desktop file over the network
Step 2: Restore from Backup
Step 3: Try to generate lost information with QuickBooks Auto-recovery
By following the above step, you should be able to recover the issue. Every step is tested by certified technicians. In case, due to some reason, the problem remains, you need to get in touch with QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-800-311-5657.